- Our main website;
- Our blog websites; and
You do not have to give us any information in order to use most of our websites. However, we may need to collect certain details from you if, for example, you want to subscribe to our publications or apply for a job.
How we collect your personal data:
- Your personal data may be collected by us in a number of ways, including:
- through our provision of legal services to you, your employer or the organization you represent;
- during the course of dealings with you for or on behalf of a client;
- when you provide us with information in relation to your attendance at any of our seminars or other hosted events;
- when you provide information to us by filling in forms on this web site;
- when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes;
- when you contact us, for example, to enquire about our services;
- when we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources); and
- when we collect your personal data from our clients, suppliers and other advisers.
The type of personal data that we may collect:
- The categories of your personal data that we may collect includes the following:
- Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers);
- Professional information such as job titles, previous roles, and professional experience and qualifications;
- Where you provide the information to us, information concerning your interests both business and personal;
- Details regarding your attendance at our events;
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and web logs;
- Images captured by our offices’ CCTV cameras;
- Where you provide it to us, sensitive personal data such as health and ethnicity data. For example, in your application for employment with us. For more information see below.
Use of personal information:
- We process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you as permitted under applicable law, and to measure the popularity and effectiveness of services in order to improve what we offer to you and other recipients;
- To improve the content and methods of delivery of our websites;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
- To carry out services we have agreed to provide to you;
- To help us monitor our commitment to equality and diversity and to consider your application to join us;
- To comply with legal and professional obligations; and
- To disclose your information as set out below.
Marketing: We may use your marketing and content preferences, and information we obtain from tracing your visits to our websites, and other information you provide to us (for example, your interest in our events) in order to build a profile for you. We use this profile to try and ensure that you only receive information that is likely to be of interest to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. When we collect contact information from you (for example, when you provide us with your business card or when you are the person instructing us on behalf of your employer), we may add your details to our contacts database and to our mailing lists. You can exercise the right at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com or clicking on 'unsubscribe'.
Transfer and use of your personal information: We do not sell on or rent out the information collected via our websites, or otherwise provided to us. We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with anti-money laundering requirements);
- You have consented to us sharing your information in this way;
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our website service providers such as hosting, storage fulfilment and disaster recovery, subject to appropriate technical systems and on a limited use basis only;
- We may provide it to your employer or other your professional advisers and parties with whom we have arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- If we believe your use of our websites has or may violate any law, regulation or our Terms and Conditions, or if we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or others;
- We may provide anonymous statistical information about users of our websites and related usage information to reputable third parties;
- In a merger, acquisition, change of control, joint venture or other business combination involving O’Neil & Rueppel, LLP;
- If we use a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, translation, technology, research, banking and payment, client contact, data entry and processing, litigation support, marketing and security services and other similar services;
- In order to investigate or respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors).
California privacy rights: If you are a resident of the State of California, under the California Civil Code, you have the right to request information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options from companies conducting business in California. To do so, send a request for information indicating your preference as to how you would like us to respond to your request (i.e., email or postal mail). To request such information, either send an email to our designated Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via postal mail, proper postage pre-paid, at:
O’Neil & Rueppel, LLP
100 Pine Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled “You California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address (if you would like a response via postal mail), city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone or fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Security: Using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to this web site or otherwise sent to us electronically. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You can help us to keep your information secure; please remember that any user name or password in relation to our websites is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. You should stop using your username and password and notify us immediately if you suspect that someone else may be using them.
It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on any website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from any website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. For your own protection, you should use virus-checking software when using any of our websites. You must not post or provide to us via any website any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via any website.
Access to, updating and correcting your information: The privacy laws of some countries give individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us email@example.com.
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to your O’Neil & Rueppel, LLP contact or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
If at any time you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters or updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
© O’Neil & Rueppel, LLP 2017.